In high-pressure, high-saturation, and/or high-corrosion environments, the wear and tear of pipeline components is inevitable. By employing cold root rolling (CRR) after thread rolling operations on pipe thread connections, oil and gas industry professionals reduce the damaging and degrading effects of the environmental factors acting on them, increasing their durability and overall service life.
While the CRR process can save oil and gas industry companies money, achieving this goal necessitates the use of high-quality tools. Unfortunately, not all providers of CRR technology are created equal. At CJWinter, we set the bar higher, offering cold root rolling tools designed to help you get the most for your money and save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
The following article discusses some of the top reasons why you should choose CJWinter for your CRR tooling needs.
Why Choose CJWinter?
By choosing us as your source for CRR tools, you benefit from our:
- High-quality precision tooling design. We offer the only commercially available, self-contained cold root rolling tool that meets ANSI/API Specification 7.2.2008 and ISO 10424/2.2007 standards. The technology also complies with Fearnley Procter NS-1™ sub-spec 143 and DS-1 cold root rolling procedures for both standard and non-magnetic materials.
- Tooling’s ease of use. The self-contained hydraulic design means you don’t have to worry about external pumps or hoses. Other design elements focus on simplifying user operations, such as not requiring hoists to hold the pin tool and not requiring the spindle to stop for use.
- Industry and quality certifications. When sourcing a high-quality tool, knowing the company you choose has been acknowledged as one of the best in their field helps with peace of mind. At CJWinter, we maintain Fearnley Procter NS-1™ LEVEL 2 accreditation and ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- Superior customer service. We have a team of friendly and knowledgeable customer service and technical assistants on hand to answer and address any questions or concerns about our products you might have. We also provide online resources—such as our Education Center—to provide answers to common cold root rolling questions anytime of the day.
Who We Work With
As a premier provider of high-quality cold root rolling technology, we have the pleasure of working with many well-known companies. Some of the companies that regularly use our tooling products include:
- APS Technology
- Command Drilling
- Drilling Tools International
- GE Oil & Gas
- NOV Grant Prideco
If you have a CRR tool need, we’d be happy to add you to our list of satisfied customers.
CJWinter: Your Source for High-Quality and Reliable CRR Tooling
At CJWinter, we provide cold root rolling tools that get the job done at the best possible value. Our selection of CRR tooling products include:
- 11068 Internal Box Tool
- 11069 Internal Box Tool
- 11070 Internal Box Tool
- 11071 External Pin Tool
- 11072 External Pin Tool
For more information about our cold root rolling offerings, contact our experts today.