CJWinter highlighted several new products during this year’s 2017 Houstex Convention, which featured hundreds of exhibitors showcasing the latest manufacturing technologies and innovations.
Some of CJWinter’s new products include:
NEW 11069 Series Internal (BOX) Bar-Style Tool
CJWinter has once again expanded its cold root rolling (CRR) product line, introducing the 11069 Series Bar-Style Tool.
Designed for use in smaller rotary shouldered connections, the 11069 allows users to increase the fatigue resistance of connections without slowing down the process.
The 11069 Series will roll all standard API Rotary Shouldered Box connections in the following ranges:
- NC31 through NC 38
- 3 ½” through 4 ½” regular
- 2 7/8” through 3 ½” IF (internal flush)
- 3 ½” through 4 ½” FH (full hole)
NEW Wireless Bluetooth Pressure Transducer
The team at CJWinter is also proud to introduce the first-Bluetooth certified wireless pressure transducer for use with cold root rolling and burnishing applications.
The wireless option allows users to download the app on a phone or tablet while enabling easy monitoring of tool pressure — outside the machine enclosure, in real time. This versatile transducer also allows users to record pressure data digitally, both for part quality assurance and certification purposes.
NEW 11073 Series Cold Roll Burnishing Tools
The 11073 Series Burnishing Tools were specifically designed for the manufacture of fatigue-prone components in the oilfield and heavy transportation industries using a CNC lathe. With proper use, these tools extend the fatigue life of highly stressed, high-cycle components without slowing down the process.
These tools are available in straight, right-hand 45°, and left-hand 45° styles, each of which presents the roll at a different angle relative to the shank. Tool angle can be further rotated (via a lathe turret) to meet specific profile requirement. These hydraulic tools are self-contained and do not require an external accumulator for use.
Safety is built in; a self-contained hydraulic tool like CJWinter’s is ideal for the CRR process, as it doesn’t require additional materials to operate. And unlike competitors’ products, CJWinter’s CRR tools do not require hoists to attach to the lathe. This reduces the risk of user error and helps prevent costly mistakes.
This year’s SME’s Houstex event also showcased exciting trends in the oil and gas industry. Below, we’ve highlighted some of the most interesting comments and ideas we heard at the conference.
- Production goals are increasingly being modified multiple times in order to meet production needs.
- Machinery sales are up, as is the demand for the oil patch lathes required to manufacture pipe.
- Solid inventory is a must for suppliers; more tooling is now being purchased to keep up with production demands, and manufacturers are purchasing products from companies that reliably have items in stock.
- Exports and international commerce are up.
- There is more quoting activity and orders being processed during the first quarter of 2017 than in the last six months of 2016.
- The industry as a whole is in growth mode.
For almost 60 years, CJWinter has been an industry-leading global supplier of thread rolls and various thread rolling tools. For more information about cold root rolling and our diverse service offerings, visit our online education center today.